Saturday 3 June 2017

STARRY STARRY NIGHT… photography by Craig Collins ONSCREEN

STARRY STARRY NIGHT
photography by Craig Collins
ONSCREEN exhibition

1 June to 2 July 2017
in the Bank Foyer

“I’ve always been interested in the night sky, and I still have some great early memories of my brother taking photo’s of Halley’s comet using a telescope and SLR film camera during the early 1980’s. More recently I’ve had the chance try this for myself (using a DSLR camera), and these photo’s are result of the sharp learning curve I’m still undergoing while experimenting with this new hobby.

Charters Towers has the advantage of clear night skies for most of the year, and besides viewing deep-space objects, and tracking the occasional asteroid, I’m also involved in a small number of “Citizen Projects” including the hunt for new comets and the search for planet nine in our solar system.

For the tech-minded, my main equipment includes a Skywatcher 100mm refractor telescope mounted on an EQ3 dual motor drive, coupled directly with a Nikon D3200 camera. Wide view photos are taken with anything from an 8mm to a 50mm prime or 70-300mm zoom lens, with a range of Baader film / UV filters for daytime solar photography.”

If you would like to know more, or purchase a photograph, please contact Craig:
E: moonshadow2@outlook.com
M: 0407 763 182

No comments:

Post a Comment